Letters with accent from a CSV file transform into interrogation point

Hi, I use a CSV file created with Excel and all my letters with an accent are changed into interrogation point so I need to change them all which can be a little bit annoying.
Is there a way to solve this problem ?
Otherwise the site is very usefull, thank you for that !

Excel is not very good saving CSV files, it doesn’t store them in UTF8. LibreOffice/OpenOffice work much better… do you have access to OpenOffice/LibreOffice?
If you do not, you can attach your CSV file here and I will convert it to UTF8. I will do this only once, not every time :wink:

Actually LibreOffice is free so I have downloaded it, but even from that interface, if i save my file like a csv i have the same problem. How can I convert my files into UTF8 ? Your proposal is very nice but I have a lot of wordcloud to do and my list of words is not finished so don’t bother you with that :grinning:

Can you send me one .xlsx/.ods file? Then I can tell you what steps to take to make it work on wordclouds.com. Thanks.

@justin: Please help me understand and hopefully fix your (and maybe other people’s) problem… send me an example file and I will invesigate and explain what to do to make it working. Thanks for your cooperation.

Yes, I can’t share a file here I think, but here is my table build on the conversation
Thaks for your help.|Column 1 | Column 2 | Column 3 | Column 4|
|— | — | — | —|
|weight | word | color | url|
|2 | pied de remonté mécanique | | |
|2 | fin de remonté mécanique | | |
|7 | Aires d’acceuils | | |
|8 | parkings | | |
|6 | carrefours sentiers | | |
|3 | bassin | | |
|2 | mare | | |
|2 | ponton | | |
|1 | local vision oiseau | | |